Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reality Check

Camryn is my "good child" now, I can take her almost anywhere, meltdowns are few and far between, I get cocky and think, we are doing great. We went out to eat tonight, Culvers, just a quick burger:-) Camryn was whining when we pull into the parking lot. Spit out her fries, kept asking for her coat and for us to "stand up" AKA go HOME. We shovel things in, pack up the rest, B/C I can see the meltdown coming. Get home (have to park around the corner instead of the driveway due to construction) Camryn has a fit the whole walk to the house, get inside and the top blows off, crying and fussing.

WHY??? How do I know, was it the new coat she was wearing? We sat on a different side of the restaurant (she picked out the seat though)? Her fries were too hot on the first bite? She is feeling ill (cough and runny nose)? We didn't park where we normally do? Seriously, I will never know. She has the language to tell me, she just can't in that moment...
WHAM!!!! Autism at it's finest

No comments: