Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A KITE A KITE A KITE


OK, so we are working on teaching Camryn to recall "remote events" or something that has happened in the past, with no prompts. (Something that just comes naturally for "neuro-typical" children).
I picked her up from school yesterday and knowing she has art class on Monday afternoon, I decided to experiment and see if the therapy is working :-) I asked her "what did you make in art class today?" Fully expecting her to say "art class today" (when she doesn't know the answer or has no clue what you are talking about she will echo the last words she has heard). Instead she says "A KITE, A KITE, A KITE!!!"
Now, I don't know what to do, I didn't expect an answer and I have NO IDEA what she made in art class. So today, I pick her up from school and ask her teacher "what did Camryn make in art class yesterday?" Her response, "oh, she made a beautiful KITE"
Guess the therapy is working, way to go Camryn!!!!

1 comment:

tam said...

Way to go camryn. You are super-cool to remember your art project. yeah!!!!! tam