Friday, April 11, 2008

NEVER give up



I SO feel like giving up today. Autism feels so much bigger than me, I am not sure I have the strength to fight it anymore.
I hardly ever see my kiddos next to "typical" kids their own age (subconsciously I must do this on purpose) We went out to dinner tonight (a small accomplishment in itself, not to be overlooked)and a family with 3 kids sat next to us. It was amazing how different they were than my kids, they sat quietly (no bouncing, climbing under the table, no weird humming noises) and talked to their parents about their day. They didn't have to be reminded to "take a bite" before they put food in their mouth. They also did not read verbatim the Mickey Mouse book that is hidden on the top of my fridge because if I hear it ONE MORE TIME my head will explode!!!
Although my kids have come a long way it reminds me of how far they have yet to come and makes me very sad. I need to muster up some strength to get through tomorrow....

No comments: