Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My little "moment" with Camryn at church

Camryn is really beginning to READ now. I know she is reading, not really memorizing, which she is GREAT at (she memorized ALL of her books, before she could read them) because she is reading stuff at church.
She is also very into singing and dancing (I always think, if live were a musical,
Camryn could take the lead!!)

So we were at church this past Sunday, and Camryn really wanted to sing all of the songs. So she would say "sing with me" when the music started and I would get the book out, open to the page and point to the words we were singing. To my amazement she started reading along and really singing the words (a little pitchy, but hey, she gets that from Andrew LOL :-)

It was really a moment for me, there was a time, not so long ago, that I used to wonder if she would ever speak. I never imagined back then, that she would someday be READING and turning those words into music. It was so awesome!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I mheard her Grandpa from Iowa is also a good singer, maybe she gets it from him.